Community Craft Swap
SPRING REQUESTED ITEMS
- Crochet supplies: Crochet hooks, sizes 4-6, Yarn, medium worsted weight, any colour
- Macrame supplies: Macrame cord, Dowels,~.5” diameter, min. length 8”
Other Textile Projects: Sewing needles & thread; Embroidery Hoops; Rug Hooking & Needle felting supplies; Crochet hooks & knitting needles; heavier weight yarn
Paper Crafting: Washi tape; stickers; notebooks & journals; paper punches; markers & pencils;
Kid Friendly: Googly eyes; pom poms; stickers; foam sheets; pipe cleaners; beads; craft kits; crayons & markers;
Have materials not listed? Requests will change seasonally, watch for a new list in April or reach out to us!
Please limit donation to one bag/box/tote of donations per drop off!
Donations will be used the four ways outlined below. Please contact us if you have any questions, it is our intention to be transparent throughout this process.
- Offered as part of FREE take home kits (mending, colouring, journalling, embroidery & beading) available on our Community Shelves by the door.
- Used during our Community Collective crafting sessions, hosted weekly and FREE of charge to the community.
- Held in storage or rotated as part of a longer term Craft Swap launch. All donated materials will always be offered FREE of charge to the community.
- Donated to local non-profits or community organizations for their creative programming needs. If you provide this programming and can use supplies let us know!
Pick A Project Craft Swap FAQ
🌟 If I don't donate, can I still pick up a kit? Yes! Everyone is welcome to enjoy available materials!
🌟How much can I take? We encourage folks to take thoughtfully and consider what is needed for their crafting, what they may have at home, and to think about those coming after. Ideally, one craft kit per person/per visit to ensure there's lots to go around!
- To continue our efforts to reduce waste.
- To encourage accessible creativity and support trying new projects.
- To continue building community connections and give back.